At CEC headquarters, we’re in full planning mode for San Diego! Our 2015 Convention & Expo Program Committee has developed an exciting program that includes a vast selection of Convention Workshops, Program Chair Featured Sessions, Strands, and Town Hall Meetings with so much more to come! Scroll down for a sneak peek of what we have in store for you.
- Closing the Arithmetic-to-Algebra Gap for Students With Disabilities.
- Friendship 101: Helping Students Build Social Competence.
- Preparing Students With Disabilities to Succeed in College.
- Seven Issues Administrators Must Understand About Special Education.
- Assumptions About Complex Text Within the Common Core: Consequences for Struggling Readers.
- Inclusive Technologies as an Equalizer: Practical Strategies for Diverse Learners.
- Multiple Identities: A Discussion of Youth With Disabilities Who Identify as LGBTQ.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Challenges and Outcomes From Two Randomized Evaluations of RTI in Preschool.
- Common Core: Connecting the Dots to Educational Planning.
- How Can We Make Intensive Intervention Happen? Considerations for Knowledge Development, Implementation, and Policy.
- Preparing Individuals With Autism for the World of Adulthood.
- When PCS Means “Planning Consistent Services”: Children With Disabilities in Military Families.
Town Hall Meetings
- What Did We Really Learn From the National RtI Evaluation?
- Funding Special Education Research in Challenging Times.
- Improving Outcomes for Students With Severe Learning and Behavior Problems: What Will it Take?
- Special Education Teacher Evaluation: Perspectives From Researchers and Practitioners.